Reeds Consulting Pty Ltd provides professional services as land surveyors, civil engineers and development consultants to local, interstate and international clients in both the private and Government sectors.
Reeds Consulting Pty Ltd is committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and environment in which the physical and psychological well being of employees are protected.
Reeds recognize its responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Act 2004, and other relevant OHS regulations and Codes of Practice/Compliance.
To achieve this management are committed to:
- Plan, develop and implement workplace and health and safety plans that are resourced and evaluated regularly,
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy environment, plant, equipment and materials,
- Provide written policies, procedures and work instructions to ensure safe systems of work; including but not limited to site safety, safe manual handling, fire safety practices, sun smart safety and traffic management safety,
- Provide information, training and supervision to staff so they understand and become proactive and committed to Reeds OHS policies, procedures and work instructions,
- Provide information to employees, clients and contractors so that they have a role to play in maintaining a safe and healthy working environment,
- Ensure effective reporting and investigation of all accidents, incidents, injuries and near misses,
- Ensure proactive hazard management, by effective identification, assessment and control of hazards,
- Ensure prevention of accidents, incidents and injuries,
- Provide resources and funding to implement this policy effectively,
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements and current industry standards,
- Involve and consult employees about changes that will affect their health and safety and the continual improvement of performance,
- Follow the agreed procedure for resolving health and safety issues and disputes,
- Develop and promote rehabilitation, counselling and support systems to facilitate a quick return to work for injured employees.
It is expected that employees will;
- Take reasonable care for his or her own health and safety; and that of other person(s) who may be affected by his or her acts or omissions,
- Follow all OHS policies, procedures and work instructions,
- Use all equipment including safety equipment and devices provided in the correct manner,
- Report all known or observed hazards, accidents, incidents, injuries and near misses to their immediate manager/supervisor or OHS Coordinator.
It is expected that Managers and Supervisors will;
- Effectively monitor and supervise all employees to ensure they follow all OHS policies, procedures, and work instructions.
Management reviews its Occupational Health and Safety objectives on a regular basis to ensure their continuing suitability of the Reeds Consulting Management System. The Occupational Health and Safety Management System is audited in accordance with established procedures to ensure compliance with AS/NZS 4801:2001.
Management are committed to maintaining the OHS management system.
The Occupational Health and Safety Policy is communicated to all employees and is understood by them.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Reeds Consulting Pty Ltd